There are three types of NGER Audit:
- Reasonable Assurance, in depth and across the entire corporate report, so the auditor can give reasonable assurance to the reader that there are no material issues with the company’s emissions report;
- Limited Assurance, across the entire corporate report but in limited depth, so the audit report is stated in the negative: that the auditor did not find material issues with the company’s emissions report;
- Verification Audit, which looks at specific aspects of the company’s emissions report, and the auditor reports only the facts, without an assurance opinion being given.
The Clean Energy Regulator can require any reporting company to undergo an Assurance or Verification audit.
The regulator has confirmed that corporations which undertake their own voluntary audits have the ability to amend their report before lodging with Canberra, and also reduce the chance of a compulsory audit under direction.
Carbon Intelligence has been active in this space since its inception and we have a team of Registered Greenhouse and Energy Auditors in both:
Category 2 - able to lead an audit teams of any size;
Category 1 - technical auditor.
National Carbon Offset Standard scheme
Carbon Intelligence has Registered Greenhouse and Energy Auditors able to audit submissions under Australia’s National Carbon Offset Standard scheme.
Audits for Carbon Disclosure Project Reports and Global Consolidation
Robust audits are a key feature of every Carbon protocol and regulatory system. Organisations reporting to the Carbon Disclosure Project, or who need to consolidate their greenhouse emissions data into parent company Statements, or who are required by customers to supply their emission data, may want to have their Emissions Statement Verified by an external Auditor under International and Australian Standard ISO/AS 14064 Part 3:2006. Carbon Intelligence can carry out a Verification Audit on an Emissions Statement produced in-house or by others.
Carbon Intelligence can also Validate an emission reduction Project, and carry out a Verification Audit on the emission reductions achieved, to International and Australian Standard ISO/AS 14064 Part 3:2006.
For more information on
- Assurance and Verification Audits to Australian NGER audit regulations:
- Audit of carbon offsets under Australia’s National Carbon Offsets Scheme
- Audit Validation and Verification to international standards: